Braised Broccoli Rabe with Chickpeas and Tahini
1. For the tahini drizzle, whisk together all ingredients until smooth; cover and refrigerate until serving.
2. For the broccoli rabe, trim off the tough bottom part of the broccoli rabe stems, and then chop the broccoli rabe into 2-3” pieces.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; add the oil, broccoli rabe, garlic, stock, salt, and pepper. Cover the skillet but keep the lid ajar and cook until the broccoli rabe is nearly tender, about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the chickpeas, uncover the skillet, and cook until the liquid is evaporated, about 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
5. Turn off the heat and stir in 2 tsp za’atar.
6. Transfer the broccoli rabe mixture to a serving dish. Drizzle the tahini sauce on top and sprinkle on the remaining 1/2 tsp za’atar. Serve immediately.
To keep this dish Gluten-Free: Be sure to check the label of the vegetable, chicken, or beef stock you’re using because not all brands are gluten-free.
Get the scoop on Broccoli Rabe: recipes, health benefits, & nutrition information. Learn more