Cheesy Broccoli Rabe Spaghetti Squash
There is no need to sacrifice taste for health with this bold and hearty pasta alternative! Full of flavor, fiber and protein, this recipe is a satisfying and delicious option to add to your weekly meal prep routine.
Recipe by The Girl on Bloor
Canadian blogger Taylor Stinson is the founder of The Girl on Bloor. Her blog explores the cosmopolitan side of eating in by creating easy, healthy and tasty recipes for busy people on the go.
- 2 medium-sized spaghetti squash
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp each salt & pepper
- 2 medium-sized chicken breasts, diced into 1″ pieces
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup half & half cream
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, leaves and stems chopped with florets intact
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 425 F.
2. Microwave spaghetti squash for 2-3 minutes to soften. Cut spaghetti squash in half and scoop out seeds. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes.
3. Remove squash from oven and scrape down sides with a fork. Add chicken to tops of each squash boat and bake 15 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and scrape out squash and cooked chicken into a large 9×11 casserole dish. Toss squash with butter, garlic, cream, lemon zest and Parmesan cheese. Stir in broccoli rabe and bake for 15 minutes.
5. Remove from oven, garnish with extra Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley and serve!
Meatless option: Leave out chicken and cook spaghetti squash for an extra 15 minutes before tossing in casserole dish with other ingredients.
Get the scoop on Broccoli Rabe: recipes, health benefits, & nutrition information. Learn more