Fennel and Arugula Salad
This simple, yet refreshing fennel salad is a perfect side dish for the summer months and can be prepared in just 10 minutes! Delicious and nutritious, both your palate and waistline will be thanking you.
Recipe by Monica Stevens Le
Monica is the author behind The Movement Menu, a food blog filled with nourishing recipes that are both easy to make and fit into the Whole30 and Paleo diet lifestyles. Her work has been featured on Buzzfeed, Shape, Woman’s Day and a number of other media outlets.
FENNEL & ARUGULA SALAD
- 4 large handfuls of arugula
- 1 large cucumber, peeled seeded & sliced
- 1 large fennel bulb, sliced
- 1 apple, peeled, cored & diced
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
PALEO RANCH DRESSING (Yields roughly 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup avocado oil mayonnaise (or mayo of preference)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
For the dressing:
1. In a glass jar, combine the dressing ingredients. Shake very well! Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
For the salad:
1. On a serving platter, arrange all of the vegetables.
2. Add raisins and cherries on top.
3. Drizzle with desired amount of dressing and toss until well combined. Serve immediately.