Aloha Green Smoothie
I go to my beloved Hawaii once a year—it is one of my favorite places on earth. This smoothie, made with coconut, mango, and banana (and a secret hint of Broccoli Rabe greens!) reminds me of some of my favorite fresh island flavors. Whenever possible, look for spirulina powder that is harvested in Hawaii! Aloha!
Recipe by Candice Kumai
- 1/4 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1/4 frozen banana
- 2 Tbsp fresh coconut pieces (can sub with unsweetened shredded coconut)
- 1/2 cup broccoli rabe//more or less as desired
- 3/4 cup coconut water
- 1 tsp spirulina powder (optional)
1. Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Yields 10 oz.
2. Serve immediately.
Get the scoop on Broccoli Rabe: recipes, health benefits, & nutrition information. Learn more