Broccoli Rabe and Fennel Pull Apart Bread
This Broccoli Rabe and Fennel Pull Apart Bread is a delicious appetizer that makes great use of seasonal ingredients like pomegranate and fennel for a tasty twist on garlic bread. Ready in less than 30 minutes, it’s great for parties and last minute entertaining!
Recipe by The Girl on Bloor
Canadian blogger Taylor Stinson is the founder of The Girl on Bloor. Her blog explores the cosmopolitan side of eating in by creating easy, healthy and tasty recipes for busy people on the go.
- 1 large loaf round crusty white bread (such as sourdough)
- ¼ cup butter, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp freshly chopped parsley (1 Tbsp dried)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ bunch broccoli rabe, ends trimmed
- ½ bulb fennel, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Cut top of bread into 1-inch cubes, being careful not to cut right through the bread.
2. Melt 2 Tbsp butter in microwave, then mix in garlic and parsley. Brush overtop of bread, then add cheese in between cubes, along with thin slices of extra butter.
3. Stuff in broccoli rabe and sliced fennel, then bake in the oven for 10 minutes until cheese is melted and bread is slightly browned.
4. Remove from oven and sprinkle with pomegranate seeds. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Save the leaves from the broccoli rabe in this recipe if desired to use in other recipes throughout the week or to spruce up leftovers. You can easily add more greens to everyday comfort foods with extra broccoli rabe!
Get the scoop on Broccoli Rabe: recipes, health benefits, & nutrition information. Learn more